Sunday, September 7, 2008

Serenity Now!

With hurricane suddenness
and force
smiles and coos
fade altogether
giving way
to the five distinct cries
in my arsenal:

hungry cry,
dirty-diaper cry,
lonely cry,
fake cry,
and serenity-now cry:

a.k.a. the Not-tomorrow,
not-after-breakfast
NOW!-cry

Why can’t you parentals
figure out what I want?!



Okay, I’ve said my piece . . .
time for Zach to zonk.
In minutes,
I’m happier than a clam
in shallow waters
at sunset.


happier than the sunset himself
now that you mention it.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He's absolutely adorable!!

Matt and Suzy Bowen said...

Thanks. We think so too, but we're not biased or anything. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzy and Matt,
What a nice way to share with your family and friends updates on your little one. He is a splitting image of his dad. I hope you all are well and that both of your are experience the joys of parenthood and becoming a stronger unit in the process.

Clifton

Rachelle said...

I love that last picture of him smiling. What a cutie!

Matt and Suzy Bowen said...

Thanks, Clifton. We're glad you found us. We'll try to be better bloggers too. :)

Matt and Suzy Bowen said...

Thanks, Chelle! Expect more Zachy-pix soon. :)